Hi Class: WELCOME BACK !!
Great PERFORMANCE OF LEND ME YOUR COMB!!!
Please review your first new assignment for the New Year-) Get a head start by checking the following:
[attachment=1]West-Eastern Divan Orches ... _pSJOkmYBA
**We will be listening to this hopefully on TUERSDAY -
• Step1) Listen and observe The West–Eastern Divan Orchestra conducted by the world famous conductor Daniel Barenboim -for the entire piece
• Step 2) While you are listening, observe how the camera person is focusing in on each soloist and follow his/or her playing expressions – be sure to try and identify the instruments to see
• Step 3) Make a list of all the Woodwind and Stringed solo instruments as they enter from the beginning( 0:01) to (6:25) – you may also list brass instruments if you are sure of their name!!
**Remember that all the different instruments are all playing OVER the snare drum t h a t r e m a i n s c o n s t a n t t h r o u g h o u t t h e p i e c e (which is a member of the percussion family – so you do not need to include the drum)
Connections: Please look at this link and print it out for your folders:
READING: Link #1
Print out the attached document which tells you a lot about the “history “ of the piece and how and why it was created -
1) HIGH- LIGHT IMPORTANT DETAILS
2) CHOSE 2 of the ‘connection” topics to write about at the end of the document
a) research using the Web can be a lot of fun…
b) make sure you write ½ page on each connection you have chosen
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 200
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:46 pm
- JanuaryString Project 7&8 January String Project.docx
- (165.38 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
- West-Eastern Divan OrchestraWorkSHEET .docx
- East-West Divan Orchestra
- (123.26 KiB) Downloaded 8 times