The Woodwind Family - Genre's and Oct. Listening Project 10/2- 10/6

blackstonejb
Teacher

The Woodwind Family - Genre's and Oct. Listening Project 10/2- 10/6

Post by blackstonejb » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Hello Class :D

Todays class was really great- I do want to remind each of that entering the class room is still a bit noisy -))
I do need to ask Mrs. Keating if she will remind everyone to be considerate in this regard.. students can help each other
to be respectful and considerate...

NEW: Due Friday Oct. 6th
One of the MAJOR Western instruments imported into Albania was the Clarinet - the clarinet is present in so much of their music -It is a member of the WOODWIND FAMILY
    To build your musical knowledge, I would like you to check out the entire woodwind examples on this page :
    https://www.musictechteacher.com/music_ ... uments.htm
      Make a list of all the different family members : (We will discuss their sound in class )
        Choose four of your favorites and research a few performances on youtube where the instruments are played

ALSO : PLEASE LISTEN TO HALLELUJAH by Leonard Cohen ( Singer Songwriter) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYCHAis3K8k
        PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE LYRICS AND BRING IT TO CLASS FRIDAY

MONTH OF OCTOBER LISTENING PROJECT :

• Begin researching and then Choose another GENRE that you wouldn't normally listen to : for instance "Blues" or "Movie Themes "-
          when you have found something in that Genre, write a short paragraph that describes the "TEMPO", INSTRUMENTATION, LYRICS, THE WAY IT MAKES YOU FEEL and something ABOUT THE MUSICAL ARTISTS OR ARTISTS WHO CREATED IT

THE LIST:
          Musical Theater /Broadway
          World Music (such as the Albanian Urban music we heard these past few days)
          Rap/Hip Hop
          Jazz
          Alternative Rock
          Classic Rock
          Heavy Metal
          Country (usa)
          Classical
          Singer Songwriter
          Commercial Pop
          Latin Salsa, Cuban
          South American
          R&B