BALKAN LITERATURE PLUS UPPER SCHOOL ENGLISH: DUE 11/07/2017

English Assignments 7-12
GinnyLight
Teacher

BALKAN LITERATURE PLUS UPPER SCHOOL ENGLISH: DUE 11/07/2017

Post by GinnyLight » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:30 pm

ALL CLASSES:
- If you would like to submit your revised poem to Soundings--and have my approval--please send it to Mrs. Silverstein at JoanS@td.edu, and copy me (ginny.light@yahoo.com). Put in the subject line of your email: YOUR NAME--SOUNDINGS 2018. All poems should be submitted no later than November 10th. You will not receive extra credit if you do not submit your poem to Mrs. Silverstein and copy me on your email.
- Remember that Friday is SSR day! Our final SSR day for Q1 will be Thursday, November 9th, and ALL SSR LOGS WILL BE DUE.
- All assignments must be turned in by November 15th to be included in Q1.
- Please note: I do not plan to hold conferences for anyone whose average is currently 75% or higher. I will, however, reach out to some students individually, as well as send Progress Reports to those in need.

BALKAN LITERATURE
1. For tomorrow (Tuesday), read and annotate "Orpheus," and complete a note sheet and flashcards (Orpheus, Eurydice, Aristeus).
2. Also, respond--in one paragraph of five to seven sentences--to Quickwrite #6: Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy. Recall a time when you could not resist a temptation and later regretted your actions.
3. Our Quarterly Examination will be on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH.

ENGLISH 9
1. Due Tuesday: Revise the free write to reflect your understanding of MLA format: If you had to do any board game in real life, which would you choose? Turn in tomorrow:
1.) ON BOTTOM (IF YOU DID ONE IN CLASS): your original draft (handwritten)
2.) IN MIDDLE: your typed original (which was due on Monday)
3.) ON TOP: your revision (due tomorrow, Tuesday)

2. Our Quarterly Examination will be on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20TH.

BRITISH LITERATURE
1. Tomorrow, we will discuss Essay #4A.
2. Also, we will also discuss the Everyman Reading Check (1-5) and For Study and Discussion (1-5) on page 121.
3. Our Quarterly Examination will be on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20TH.

ENGLISH 10
1. Tomorrow (Tuesday), we will continue to look at verbs in our writing.
2. This week, we will also discuss "The Feather Pillow."
3. Reading logs will be due on Friday, November 17th.
4. Our last SSR day for Q1 will be Friday, November 17th.
5. Our Quarterly Examination will be on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND.

AMERICAN LITERATURE
1. Tomorrow (Tuesday), we will continue to discuss Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography.
2. Reading logs will be due on Friday, November 17th.
3. Our last SSR day for Q1 will be Friday, November 17th.
4. Our Quarterly Examination will be on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND.
Ms. G. Light
Upper School English Teacher
Thornton-Donovan School