Finish taking down the following to conclude your notes:
• P. 33 – Junior’s shame over hitting Mr. P. shows he’s a good kid
• P. 105 – Junior shows Penelope compassion when he hears her throwing up.
• P. 34 – Junior automatically assumes the reason why he hit Mr. P. is because he is “stupid” – shows poor self-image
• P. 54 – “I knew it; all of those kids knew it. Indians don’t deserve don't use this word.”
• P. 138 – “I knew I wouldn’t make those teams. I was C squad material for sure.”
Follow up: Why does Junior feel the way he does about himself?
• Low expectations
• Substandard living conditions
• Substandard education
• Substandard medical
• Generational poverty & alcoholism
How does this affect how Junior views the world outside of the Rez?
• Distrustful of white society
• Struggles to connect to peers/feels like an outsider
Then, answer the following (two sentences/question):
How does Rowdy react when Junior tells him he’s going to Reardon?
How do you interpret this reaction?
What is the greater significance of it?
English Assignments 7-12
1 post • Page 1 of 1