From class today:
" Write out two sentences of the following: compound sentence (different FANBOY for each), compound subject, and compound predicate.
" Write out two complex sentences where the dependent clause comes before the independent clause, each using a different subordinating conjunction.
" Write out two complex sentences where the independent clause comes before the dependent clause, each using a different subordinating conjunction.
" Write out two examples of compound predicate.
" Write out two examples of compound subject.
" Then, complete the attached sheet.
Directions: CIRCLE any coordinating conjunctions found in each example. Then, write the sentence function of the word(s) being connected by the conjunction - subject, subject complement, direct object, indirect object, verb, prepositional phrase, object of the preposition, or independent clause.
Note: Some examples might not have ANY conjunctions. For those, write NC.
1. She went to the movies and ordered a soda.
2. The boy asked his mother for money and food.
3. He was a small boy, yet he was particularly mature for his age.
4. While he was swimming, the mother and father went inside.
5. Sally or her friends will go to the show later.
6. After the movies, she went home.
7. The boy is very funny and interesting.
8. Terry drove to the supermarket even though he was tired.
9. They drove through the woods and into the valley.
10. After they left school without permission, the boys were scolded.
11. She sent Teddy and Julia gifts for their birthdays.
12. They enjoyed ice cream and soda.
13. She went to the show but not to the restaurant.
14. The parents and their daughter enjoyed yoga.
15. The teacher disliked the class's excuses.
Sixth Grade Homework
1 post • Page 1 of 1